Dermal Fillers Brisbane Northside
In Brisbane over the past 10 years there has been a movement towards facial rejuvenation, where people are motivated to create a youthful appearance. One very common method is the use of a Dermal Filler.
What Are They?
Dermal fillers refers to a number of substances that are injected underneath the skin. Essentially they are gels injected underneath the skin to add an extra level of volume. The active ingredient helps to attract water to the specific region to hydrate and add fullness. They are commonly used on lips, cheeks and under-eye hollows
The procedure involves our practice nurse injecting a small needle to the targeted area with the dermal filling substance. Treatment times are generally less than 1 hour and no side effects are present. Generally speaking treatment affects last for between 6 months and 2 years.
Other Things You Need To Know
- Similar to botox very little product is needed for best results
- Works by helping to restore skin volume and hydration
- The physical benefits generally occur straight away
- The benefits generally last for between 10-12 months
- Time between treatments should be 8-12 months
The Procedure Itself
- The specific area is cleaned with antiseptic to prevent infection
- Treatment – crystal clear gel injected into the skin
- Local anesthetic cream is applied prior to injection
- Local anesthetic injection is required for lip sculpture work
- Treatment takes approx 45 minutes
Who Is This Treatment Suitable for?
This treatment is for anyone who want to improve any of the following
- Lip sculpture
- Reducing wrinkles
- Restoring volume to all areas of your face
- Filling deep folds
Difference Between Dermal Fillers and Anti Wrinkle Injections?
Anti wrinkle injections aim to relax muscles (e.g., facial muscles). In contrast dermal filler’s purpose is to fill lines (e.g., on face) and enhance features and volume.
It is important for people to be aware of potential risks with this treatment. For example, bruising may occur because of this treatment. For example, the corners of the mouth tend to bruise easily. Expect bruising to take 2-3 days to go away. Some clients also experience transient redness, swelling and itching. These symptoms only last for a few days.
Want to know more? Why not call our practice nurse on 3857 3777 for a complimentary phone consultation
At Ubuntu Medical, we also do other cosmetic injectables