Holistic Doctor Brisbane Northside
Patients We Treat
At Ubuntu Integrative Medical our Holistic & evidenced based Nutritional and Environmental solutions to manage many chronic illnesses including the following conditions:
- ADHD, ASD, Behavioural & Learning Disorders in Children
- Allergies, sensitivities and food intolerances
- Anxiety, Depression, Psychosis, Pyrroluria, Undermethylation, Overmethylation, Copper toxicity
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Cancer (Comprehensive Integrative Management of Cancer)
- Chemical and Food Sensitivity
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestive Disorders (including IBS, Colitis, Parasite infection, Food Intolerances etc)
- Environmental Toxicity (including Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Aluminium, Nickel)
- Hormonal issues utilizing bioidentical hormones where appropriate
- IV Nutrient Therapy support
- Pyrrole disorder, methylation issues, biochemistry imbalances, behavioural problems
- Thyroid and Adrenal problems
- Weight Management
Functional Medicine Doctors
Functional Medicine GPs at our clinic in Brisbane look at addressing the underlying cause of a person’s health problems. Functional Medicine focuses on the interactions between the environment, endocrine and immune systems. Treatments include:
- Lymes Disease
- Gluten Free Diets
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Organ Reserve
Bio – Balance Doctors
At Ubuntu Medical, our GPs are trained Bio Balance doctors. The method involves the use of biochemical assessment and nutritional treatment for a range of disorders including; ADHD, learning problems in children, bi-polar disorder and other psychological and psychiatric conditions.
If you are interested in a bio balance assessment please inform reception as you will need an extended consultation with the GP.
Ubuntu Medical is located in Stafford, 8km north of Brisbane CBD. We are a multi-disciplinary clinic, where Holistic medical practitioners & GPs operate with Naturopaths, Dieticians, Psychologists, Acupuncturists to provide patients with the very best care.
The Ubuntu Medical Approach
Ubuntu’s approach is to identify why patients become sick in the first place. Once this has been identified then your GP will be able to create a plan for returning you to full health not merely symptom relief. In terms of promoting health, it is very Important to address underlying causes to sickness. This is where we differ from a lot of other traditional medical centers.
Nutritional and Environmental health assessment are central to good health. Preventive health activities in our medical center focus on the macro (e.g., family history, age, gender, smoking, alcohol, exercise). We also focus on micro nutritional, environmental, allergy, detoxification, hormonal imbalance and stress factors.
It is important to understand that simply focusing on the macro will not achieve optimal health. Environmental interventions integrated with the macro approach are essential in the pursuit of optimal health, vitality, and the resistance to the development of chronic disease.
We also address the psychology of clients as well. It is important to address unhelpful/ irrational beliefs about health that our clients may have. We find that few clients can create change without active support.
We also offer an allergy testing service.