Vitamin C Infusions Brisbane Northside
People looking to boost their immune system and to improve health generally in Brisbane are choosing to consult their local GP practice for Vitamin C infusions.
What is Vitamin C Infusions?
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid or ascorbate, is a vital nutrient that humans need to combat a couple of illnesses. Since this nutrient cannot be made by the body, it should be taken either in form of food or dietary supplements. The absence of Vitamin C in the body can cause scurvy, a disease which causes lethargy, bruising and bleeding. The lack of Vitamin C in the body makes the collagen’s texture thinner, hence the bruising and bleeding.
One method to increase levels of Vitamin C in the body is through intravenous (IV) infusion. Having Vitamin C infusion can help elevate its levels in the blood rather than through oral intake. There have also been studies that reveal the death of cancer cells in the laboratory given the high levels of Vitamin C.
What are the Benefits of Vitamin C Infusions?
Healthy adults can absorb no more than 250mg of Vitamin C in a day. Anything more than this is excreted from the body through urine. Having Vitamin C infusion can help the body hold more doses of the vitamin.
When Vitamin C is administered through IV, the body will be able to retain 100% of the vitamin rather than having it excreted. Some the benefits of Vitamin C infusion in the body are:
- Accelerated the process of healing. Vitamin C also assist in the synthesis of lysine and proline, which are beneficial enzymes that are necessary in the normal functioning of connective tissues and help in the healing process of wounds.
- Antioxidant Properties. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin C reduce the symptoms of illnesses such as flu. Vitamin C is believed to also lessen the risk associated with H1N1 influenza virus, and having a Vitamin C infusion is a considered an effective cure for this virus.
- Boosts immune system. The presence of Vitamin C in the body increases the body’s capacity to fight infections, influenza, and other diseases.
- Collagen Production. Having high levels of Vitamin C in the body boosts production of collagen in the body. Collagen is a protein present in bones and provides structural support in arteries and veins. Collagen is important in maintaining strong blood vessels, ligaments, tendons, and bones. It also prevents unfavorable health conditions such as stroke, ruptured tendons, and ligaments.
- Reduces Side Effects of Chemotherapy. Administration of Vitamin C during cycles of chemotherapy has contributed to improved mood and increased energy on patients. This can be given during chemotherapy sessions except when methotrexate is used. There have been studies that concluded high doses of Vitamin C’s wonders in treating terminal cancers that have not responded well to the traditional radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
Vitamin C infusion provides a lot of health benefits and revitalized the body. This is a safe procedure but it would still be best to check with the general physician (GP) for possible side effects, especially if the patient is undergoing other treatments.