Women’s Health Clinic Brisbane Northside
In today’s world there are a number of complicated health concerns that Brisbane women face. Sometimes the thought of talking to a random doctor can be overwhelming.
Women’s health in Brisbane is a primary area of strength for our doctors at Ubuntu Medical. Our female GPs have a special interest in women’s health at our clinic.
We provide a wide range of women’s health services, including:
- Pap smears
- Breast screening
- Fertility advice
- Pre-conception counselling
- Pregnancy advice and management
- Post-natal check-ups
- Baby and child health checks
- Menopause advice and management
- Implanon Insertion and Removal
- Mirena Insertion and Removal
- MonaLisa Touch
- Pap Smears
- Breast Examination
- Sexual Health
Pap smears are recommended for all sexually active women every two years. This is a simple procedure where a swab sample is taken from the cervix and examined for anomalies which may indicate the development of cervical cancer. No drugs or anaesthetics are needed for the procedure which can be completed by a general practitioner, nurse or women’s health worker. It only takes a couple of minutes and could help save your life.
There are numerous contraception options available for woman. We will talk through the different options available to you to help you choose the correct one for your circumstances.
- Prescriptions of the contraceptive pill (taken daily)
- Contraceptive injections administered every 3 months
- Implanon implants (a small rod with a slow release hormone inserted into the upper arm) These are effective for up to 3 years. *Fees apply
- Mirena implants (a small t shaped device with a slow release hormone inserted into the uterus) These are effective for up to 5 years.
Shared Pregnancy Care
Shared pregnancy care offers you convenient maternity services without the hassle of travelling. Our GPs will work collaboratively with your chosen hospital so you won’t always have to make the trip to and wait at hospital for a routine check-up during your pregnancy. We are able to share test results and health records with your nominated hospital based doctor so they remain informed without you doing all the legwork. This service offers you thorough care with greater convenience. Speak to one of our participating GPs to set this up with your hospital.