Blackheads Removal Brisbane Northside
Everyone has the right to have clear skin, especially those plagued with blackheads in the face, chest, and back area of their body. Blackheads are not very nice to look at, they also block the pores and prevent the skin from becoming healthy and absorbing nutrients. That is why blackheads removal is important and Brisbane northside’s Ubuntu Medical is a good stop for dermatological services to solve skin problems.
Blackheads, or open comedones, are tiny bumps caused by a combination of oil and dead skin trapped in the pores. They turn black due to oxidation as they are exposed on the surface of the skin. Blackheads develop due to a lot of factors, but they do not indicate poor hygiene to someone who has them.
Causes of Blackheads
- Excess oil on the skin
- Shaving/waxing/plucking that opens the hair follicles
- Health conditions like stress, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Taking medications like corticosteroids, androgen, or lithium
- Bacteria build up in the skin
Blackheads Removal Treatments
Blackheads are manageable and easy to remove, and there are many ways to remove them at home:
- Using gentle scrubs to exfoliate and dry up the skin, minimizing the production of excess oil.
- A steam session to open the pores prior to blackheads removal
- Pore strips are common and can be bought in many drug stores. After cleansing, pore strips are applied to the affected area and the adhesive will remove the blackheads as they are stripped from the skin. However, this method leaves pores open and susceptible to catch bacteria and dirt.
- Taking over the counter drugs for non-inflammatory acne like benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, and salicylic acid
Why Visit a Dermatologist?
There are many blackheads removal techniques that can be done at home but visiting a dermatologist offers a variety and more sophisticated options for treatment. Dermatologists not only address the blackheads, but they also work on the overall wellness of the skin with various treatments, equipment, and medication.
Chemical peels are very common and effective that one peel can remove as much as 80% of the blackheads. A specialist can prescribe a Beta Hydroxy acid or an Alpha Hydroxy acid peel depending on the case.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure performed by a specialist where a hand-held device sprays crystal over the skin, and are then suctioned back, removing only the top layer of the skin. This evens out the skin and the sebum simply falls out. Microdermabrasion does not involve any anesthesia but pinkiness in the skin that should not last for more than 24 hours should be expected.
Photopneumatic therapy is a procedure that uses a combination of intense pulsed light lasers and a hand-held vacuum that gets deep into the pores and remove dead skin cells and excess sebum.
A dermatologist can also administer the patient maintenance of vitamin A to promote the more rapid turnover of skin cells and keep plugs from forming in the hair follicles.
For someone with an extreme case of blackheads, a dermatologist can perform professional extraction by creating a small hole in the clogged pore. They then use a special tool to remove the comedones.
Want help with blackheads removal? Call Brisbane northside’s Ubuntu Medical Centre at Stafford. Our number is (07) 3857 3777.
At Ubuntu Medical, we also offer Mole Removal.